Country-Specific Will Service FAQ
What is a country-specific Will?
A country-specific Will is a Will that applies only to the assets you own in that country. If you own assets in multiple countries, writing country specific Wills can save your loved ones' time and money by completing the probate process in all jurisdictions simultaneously instead of one after the other. This also allows you to appoint different executors and beneficiaries specific to each country. A country-specific Will is particularly important if you want to give a gift of property in a country other than your main Will's country.
How do I make a country-specific Will?
- Start by contacting us via the chat button in the bottom right corner, or by other means on our contact page letting us know which countries you are interested in as some countries have special requirements.
- Where possible, you may be able to complete the Will on our online platform. If you are able to complete the Will on our platform, we will schedule a video call afterwards to go over the details of your Will.
- We will draft your Will and send it to you for review.
- Once you are happy with the Will, we will provide the final version along with instructions for signing.
- You can then store the Will in a safe place.
What countries do you offer country-specific Wills for?
We have a non-exhaustive list of countries that we service. If you do not see the country you are interested in, please contact us and we will let you know if we can help.
Why do I need a country-specific Will?
You should consider creating a country-specific Will if you have assets in countries other than the jurisdiction that you are living in, because it helps prevent delays and costs on your estate, and makes it substantially easier for your family to manage and obtain your assets overseas. For more information, you can read our article about country-specific Wills.